How these six steps will be incorporated into my work is that firstly, genre characteristics I will make sure that the clothes and the way in which my video is presented though props and lighting will describe and emphasise my genre well in my video and will suit my target audience. Before deciding upon what I will do for my video once I've picked my song I need to do audience research to ensure that I will attract these people and I'm not going off on the wrong track. Secondly, the music visuals relationship will be important to me because as a new comer to making a music video it could help me in deciding what my storyline or my set design could include. Things like songs about love singing a line about buying presents could show someone buying a present for someone else therefore I could use this to my advantage and not having to make a lot of hard work for myself by having to create an off topic video. Thirdly, the tone and atmosphere of the music I choose will replicate the cutting speed and also how fast the actors in the frame dance etc. I want to ensure that the pace isn't too quick for the music because it will become disjointed and effect the continuity of the song and maybe create a sense of uncertainty about the video. Fourthly, close-ups will be important in my video as the audience want to see the singers in the video so they feel as though they can interact with them and using close-ups is also better to show emotion and the singing in the frame as a whole in which I find a good thing to use. In addition the female body is used to attract a wider audience yet I don't think that would be appropriate for my music video as I don't want to sexualise my actors to make my video seem more appealing. Finally, inter-textual referencing could be taken from films which could be my inspiration for my video but I want to create my own identity so I'm not sure whether I will use this in my video.
Monday, 25 August 2014
Andrew Godwin Music Video theory
How these six steps will be incorporated into my work is that firstly, genre characteristics I will make sure that the clothes and the way in which my video is presented though props and lighting will describe and emphasise my genre well in my video and will suit my target audience. Before deciding upon what I will do for my video once I've picked my song I need to do audience research to ensure that I will attract these people and I'm not going off on the wrong track. Secondly, the music visuals relationship will be important to me because as a new comer to making a music video it could help me in deciding what my storyline or my set design could include. Things like songs about love singing a line about buying presents could show someone buying a present for someone else therefore I could use this to my advantage and not having to make a lot of hard work for myself by having to create an off topic video. Thirdly, the tone and atmosphere of the music I choose will replicate the cutting speed and also how fast the actors in the frame dance etc. I want to ensure that the pace isn't too quick for the music because it will become disjointed and effect the continuity of the song and maybe create a sense of uncertainty about the video. Fourthly, close-ups will be important in my video as the audience want to see the singers in the video so they feel as though they can interact with them and using close-ups is also better to show emotion and the singing in the frame as a whole in which I find a good thing to use. In addition the female body is used to attract a wider audience yet I don't think that would be appropriate for my music video as I don't want to sexualise my actors to make my video seem more appealing. Finally, inter-textual referencing could be taken from films which could be my inspiration for my video but I want to create my own identity so I'm not sure whether I will use this in my video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
impact on your own idea?
ReplyDelete