Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Editing Skills Development
Editing is important as if the song has a particular beat sometimes cutting on the beat makes the video look better and have a particular emphasis on the shots. Editing in time is therefore significant as if it's not in time with the music it could become distant from the song/lyrics and won't fit with what you're trying to achieve. The editing should be done beforehand and then the minor details and special effects (if needed) after this is so your editing is perfected to how you want it before you start adding more things in. This is a video I edited using pre-recorded shots and a soundtrack shortened to 20 seconds, I aimed to cut on the beat and slow the shots down when the music was slower to help the audience grasp the concept. I feel as though what I wanted to achieve with the cutting of the shots was good but some of them weren't done particularly well and sometimes the shots were too slow for the song and therefore appeared to the audience as distorted. I think I did well in that the solo dancing of the monkey break dancing slowed down where the music changed near the beginning and this was a good affect to use. I have learnt a lot from doing this exercise and even though I only had 15 minutes to do this I feel I've learnt that time management is key in the editing of the music video too. It is going to take a lot of my time picking the correct shots I want to show and where I want to place them therefore will need to design a thorough storyboard to help with my planning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment