Whilst I was making my music videos I learnt how to use the fig rig and how to position people in the frame in order to get a good shot. It’s better if the main focal point, which is probably the lead singer, to be in the centre of the frame as they’re what the audience will be looking at as they’re the ones who are singing the song. The impact of these skills that will have on my A2 work is that now I can successful design a suitable setting for my video because I have been given some ideas from this workshop. I understand more clearly about the importance of lighting and what affects it will have upon the feeling and mood of my video which should replicate the genre clearly. The fact I have learnt about camera positioning and using the different cameras to take different angled shots means that I can incorporate this into my video so that I can acquire more marks for my coursework, if I just stayed at one angle at a certain distance the video would be boring and the audience wouldn't be engaged as much as if the music fit with the particular camera shots.
Ideas for my A2 Work are that I want to create a video with numerous cutaways to a different location so that it creates a narrative alongside a setting atmosphere. I want to emphasise the genre as much as possible so I feel that I should use suitable props and well planned outfits in order to grasp this aspect as soon as the audience watch the video. I want to make sure that my actors are enthusiastic about doing this because then they will put a lo of energy into it whereas with my skills development work the people that did it were too embarrassed. I also know now to create one long take of the video instead of just acting out the shots I want as it will let me have enough video footage to edit and it doesn't appear jumpy.
No comments:
Post a Comment