Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Random Album Cover

To make this random album cover, there were three steps we had to do; firstly, click a link and the name of the wikipedia page became our band name no matter what it was mine was as you can see Nigel, then click another link and whatever the last quotation was was the name of your album "when it's all over" and finally click the last link to take you to flickr and the third most popular picture became your album cover photo and this was the end product.

The reason I chose a larger font size for my band name was to make it stand out, the first thing that would be recognisable to the audience will be the band name as that's what the people buying the albums tend to search for first. I put that in black bold font again to make it stand out, appear to the target audience as I decided due to the image I got the music would be a older generation based song for example folk because it's an image which the older generations would appreciate more and the black font stands out in front of the image. I aligned the text in that way as I felt it looked professional and as the mountain range was shaped that way I thought it would be better suited to the right of the image. I changed the colour of the album name in order to emphasise the name of the album and for it to be distinguished easily from the band name. The album cover as a whole needed slight colour therefore I went for red because it is a typical colour associated with white and black and also still fit the target audience as it wasn't too bright or too dull fitting the genre of the music and age range. 



1 comment:

  1. This works really well. When it's all over you ride off into the mountains :-) Keep up the analysis on your posts. Asking how and why will get you into level 4.

    ReplyDelete