Thursday, 2 October 2014
Influences
Even though this kind of genre (folk/country) isn't performed by Lily Allen I thought this would be a good video to use to show how she has followed the conventions of the genre in order to present that image to her intended audience. She has used the typical hay in the background with the backing singers and band dressed appropriately using the correct instruments you find in folk songs, she has even used the country-style dancing to further show the audience her song is catergorised into the folk genre. However, from looking at this video I feel it is directed more towards old-style country in what they're wearing which I can't follow as I'm using more modern folk mixed with indie which means I can't focus upon the folk genre more than the indie as its all one genre not two separate ones. We are definitely going to use the intruments from the genre and the hay in our video, I also like the lighting in this video at the beginning but I don't think this would be possible to use because of the barn setting and how the daylight will contrast the lighting itself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment