
I decided to change the design of my website home page because I felt that their was too much empty spacethe first image is what the layout was orginially going to look like separated with white lines, and then later on the lower picture I decided that I would make the boxes smaller to reduce the space and also add the share buttons in for the news stories. On the right hand side I removed the images from the buy tickets. However, after recieving feedback I think that within my website it could be improved further. I have now decided to re-design the whole front page and whilst researching some websites I found Twin Atlantic's website to be laid out with different coloured boxes so that it differentiates between different stories meaning that the font would also stand out. The contrasting grey colour from the dark grey background means that everything looks clearer within the layout and also you can see the different sections of the website rather than all the information being on the page with no clear set layout. I wanted to add the twitter/facebook share buttons again because audience members will want to share to social media sites as they're used frequently and this will help our band promote the news without us having to do it it's as if the fans are helping us promote ourselves. I thought the idea of having a large image of the band at the top of the page would also symbolise who we are because people who visit our site for the first time will want to be able to recognise us straight away and also again highlighting our identity. I thought that adding the new album to the right hand side in the top corner would make the album memorable as it's on the home page which in theory would be the most visited page and therefore would stick within the audiences mind. This is now the new website layout and I think the imrovements I have made are good in that it fills the space, I changed the font type and size so that the news stories are more clear also.

No comments:
Post a Comment