Firstly, researching my target audience I made a character that represent how the indie folk genre is shown by the costume so that I had a typical idea of what I could dress my character as in the video. The long t-shirt was applied because the people of the indie folk genre aren't sexualised as they generally wear jumpers and things associated with an older generation. They have long hair which tends to be messy as they like the natural look wearing hardly any makeup. These people's personality is quite shy but they love going to festivals and gigs to see their favourite bands play. They're usually of the older teen/mid20 age range therefore I will have to focus my attention on what that kind of age likes. They enjoy going to beaches, parks, long walks to look at nature etc and the music atmosphere so therefore my initial idea was to use a beach it then got changed so that it was focused more upon the nature side in a wood and barn. Barns are also associated with the folk side as that is what we found when researching the audience of Mumford and Sons.

I then created a mood board using images from the indie and folk genre as they're both different but I tried to find the similarities in which I could pick out to make sure that I could represent them both equally. The costume from Mumford and Sons is represented in a very formal way wearing waistcoats but from Bombay Bicycle Club it's more indie. The album cover images show distinct similarities between the indie and folk as they tend to use simple imagery or cartoon-like drawings.
The animatic was created by drawing a moodboard, we then transferred this to a video and tried to see what our video would look like. We needed to do this to consider what shots we were going to use and what the story behind our video was going to be. However, after we made the animatic we decided that our narrative story may not be good enough to use for our music video therefore we changed our idea and just made the video run in sequence to different locations instead. Also by making the animatic we could put all our ideas down and even if we didn't use it in that sequence we could adapt them and put them elsewhere just so we didn't forget them.
Construction
Post production we used Photoshop for the digipak because we
can zoom in to make sure that we get every detail closely lined up so it looks
professional to the audience. We can also us different effects to create the identity
we want to show the target audience for example when we placed the cassette in
front of the wood background as they are both features of the folk genre of
music. I made my website on Wix because it was good for using templates and I could design it however I wanted making my own creative buttons to suit the genre. To make the video we used final cut so that all our video footage could
be seen together and place in one section to ensure that we can look at it all
and decide what we want to use. Another positive of final cut is that you can
edit the clip from where you want it to start and end, you can line up your
shots in numerous rows so that you can get the closest production you need and
that there are no black spaces in between shots. The benefit to having our video online is that now due to the proliferation in technology practically most of our target audience would be on some kind of social media website. This means that when they see our video they can share it or retweet it so that other people would then see it that may not have before and then reach a further audience in which we may not have intended. This increases our sales and also gets us known more and by us creating a twitter and facebook page for our band these people who have seen us for the first time will be able to follow us and see more news by us later on. Another thing that helped us having the video online was that it was easier to gain audience feedback as I could sent in over the internet to people I may not have seen in person and they would get it immediately and be able to comment on what they think is good and could be improved. For example;


.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment